Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Resources for Thinking about A.I.

Here's a blog with a nice post about Spielberg's A.I. featuring a 15 minute video entitled, "A Visual Study of A.I.: Artificial Intelligence. I recommend this highly, as it can help you to see how the thematic elements of the film that we're interested in are reflected in its visual aspects. Also, the blog post concludes with a list of various web resources on the film. If you're considering discussing the film in your final paper, you might explore them a bit.

Additionally, here's a great review of the film by Jonathan Rosenbaum. He begins with some discussion of the production of the film and of various other critical responses to it. I didn't mention this in class, but this was initially a Stanley Kubrick project, but he died before he was able to complete it and asked Spielberg to do it for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment